At Living Word we want to encourage people on their spiritual journey. We have studies, small groups, mission/service opportunities and fun events scheduled year round to help you connect with God and others as we all grow in faith.
Bible Studies & Classes
On Sunday mornings, we offer two worship services at 9:00 am and 10:30 am. In addition, we also have adult Sunday morning classes. These classes are designed to help you grow in relationship with God and others. You are welcome to visit any class of interest to you.
All of our classes are drop in, or you can contact the teacher listed for more information.
- Senior Adult Discipleship | Room 211/212 “Journey Through the Bible”
- Active Faith | Patty Brown | Room 204
- Family Matters | Leah Anne Debold | Room 204
- Getting Out of the Boat | Bill VanLue | Room 211/212
- Currently, Soul Keeping by John Ortberg, a six week video study to find true happiness and contentment.
- Senior Adult Fellowship Class | Becky Ernst | Room 203 Cokesbury Adult Bible Study Curriculum
Please contact the teacher for more information.
- 7:00 pm – Monday Evening Women’s Bible Study (meets the 2nd and 4th of the month) facilitated by Amber Safford
7:30 am – Tuesday Morning Bible Study
On August 28th, we will meet at the Bread Co in Wildwood to discuss our final book in the summer series, “Even In Our Darkness” by Jack Deere. We will meet at 8:00 am which will allow ladies who need to go on to work to do so. Facilitated by Connie Davidson
- Beginning September 11, 2018, we will study Twelve More Women of the Bible by Sherry Harney, an 11 week study facilitated by Connie Davidson
- Pay for your book here.
9:30 am – Parents of School Age Children
- Beginning September 4, 2018, we will study Your Sacred Yes by Susie Larson, a 6 week study facilitated by Emily Dowell
12:30 pm – Tuesday Afternoon Bible Study
- Beginning August 30, 2018, we will be studying CREED by Adam Hamilton facilitated by Kim McGee
- Pay for your book here.
WEDNESDAY EVENINGS – PARENTS OF COLLEGE STUDENTS
Parenthood isn’t over after kids leave the nest…it’s just a new season. Saying goodbye to children as they leave the nest and learn to fly ushers parents into an emotional time of grief, joy, and nostalgia. If you are that parent, please join us as we walk this journey together. We will use the lighthearted book, Release My Grip (Kami Gilmour), to deepen our relationship with Jesus as we enter this new season of parenting.
Our first get-together will be Wednesday, August 8, 7pm, at the home of Valerie Novatny. We will meet monthly after that with the exception of December, January, and March (Christmas season, Holiday breaks, and spring breaks).
Below are the scheduled dates:
August 8, September 12, October 10, November 14, February 6, April 10, and May 1
If you are interested in joining the group, please reserve your spot by emailing Valerie Novatny, Director of Congregational Care, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 636-821-2823.
Please invite your neighbors and friends that may be going on this journey as well. To order the book, please click here. The cost of the book is $10.
We hope you will join us!!
Senior Adult Studies
Christian fellowship is very important to Living Word. We sponsor a regular monthly luncheon for the seniors on the second Tuesday of each month, March through December. After the meal, a speaker or program is presented that is entertaining and educational. These luncheons are a favorite and a great time for everyone.
In addition to the monthly luncheons, there may be monthly activities or outings, too. We are blessed to have many places to visit in the St. Louis area as well as many organizations we can support with our time.
For more information, please contact Valerie Novatny at email@example.com.
Mary Martha Circle
Living Word Men’s Club – A Christian organization conducting Christian ministries
Serve with us on any of the following Mission Activities:
- Youth Scholarship Program
- Men’s Club Work Group
- Christmas Tree Sales
- Volunteering at Circle of Concern Food Pantry
- Financial support for Mary Martha Circle, Kingdom House, Shalom House, Epworth Children/Family Services, and other missions.