Kids Day Out (KDO, also known as Mother’s Day Out) is for children who are mobile between the ages of 15 months to 2 years, 7 months.
Our Kids Day Out children are here for their first school experience. Our goal for them is to provide an opportunity to enjoy time with other children in a loving environment away from mom or dad or their typical caregivers. The play, create, enjoy music and stories, have a morning snack and lunch. It is a chance for them to learn to follow directions with a flexible, but predictable schedule. For many children, it is their first opportunity at socializing with age appropriate peers and then can learn so much by watching and playing alongside other children.
Classes meet from 9:15-1:15.
You can choose any combination of days Monday-Thursday
Our program provides a balance between academics and play.
Preschool is for children who are 3 to 6 years of age (or entering kindergarten). Classes meet from 9:15 am to 12:15 pm.
Our Jr. 3s and Sr. 3s Program provide a hands-on creative environment where young learners make choices, enhance their social skills, experiment and work on problem-solving, number concepts and writing skills as they experience integrated learning in all areas of curriculum. You can choose either 2 Days (Tues/Thurs) or 3 Days (Tues-Thurs)
Our Pre K Program prepares children for kindergarten. You can choose either 3 Days (Tues-Thurs) or 4 Days (Mon. Thurs.) and includes:
- Learning Without Tears: Get Set for School Curriculum
- Support for Social /Emotional development, self- regulation and problem solving skills
- Language and literacy curriculum components emphasize the development of oral language, vocabulary, reading and writing for a purpose, phonemic awareness, concepts of print and pre-reading skills
- Science curriculum includes exploring, predicting and problem solving
- Art, music, movement, dramatic and imaginative pretend play are an integral part of the program
Lunch Bunch is an optional extension of the preschool day. It enhances socialization and gross motor skills development. Lunch Bunch runs from 12:15 pm to 1:15 pm each day preschool is in session. Children bring their own lunch from home.