Jobs at Living Word
Would you like to join the Living Word team?
If there’s ever an open position at Living Word, we will post the job description here.
If you see one below, check it out, and if it sounds like you, just follow the instructions to apply.
JOB TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministries
OVERVIEW: Living Word United Methodist Church, in the Wildwood community of western St. Louis County, seeks a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries to lead children’s ministry on Sunday morning and weekday ministries. The mission statement of Living Word UMC is: “To bring Jesus Christ to all people, strengthen their faith and prepare them for ministry”, and the members of Living Word believe that children represent both the present and the future of the church. It is a goal of Living Word to provide spiritual formation for children, their parents, and families – to prepare a child for a lifetime of discipleship and to help parents run the race alongside their child as a spiritual coach.
The Director of Children’s Ministries at Living Word
- coordinates the ministries of Living Word that reach children directly and indirectly by working with lay leaders and volunteers
- serves children by leading them into deeper relationships with Christ by offering meaningful, culturally relevant ministries, without compromise of scripture, in ways that children from birth through 5th grade can receive and understand
- connects with parents to help them acquire spiritual tools so they can be the primary spiritual trainers for Christian discipleship within their families
- provides oversight and supervision to the Living Word Childcare Workers
- reports to and is under the overall supervision of the Executive Pastor and is ultimately accountable to the Lead Pastor
- will have attained at least a baccalaureate degree, with a masters degree that includes coursework in Christian Education and a focus in Children’s Discipleship preferred
JOB TITLE: Part-time Childcare Worker
OVERVIEW: To provide childcare in a church setting during ongoing church activities for children from birth to kindergarten.
- 1 to 2 years experience preferred
- Age Groups – infant, preschooler, toddler, grade school
Child safety training provided at no charge by the church.
- Compensation is $10.30/hour
- Sunday mornings (8:30 – noon) and Wednesday evenings (6-9pm)
- As needed for special events